EVERHARDTM Abrasion Resistant Steel Plate
For important parts and materials in construction,
mining, and transport machinery
JFE Steel's abrasion-resistant EVERHARDTM steel plate has found widespread application for important parts and materials in construction, mining, and transport machinery ever since 1955, when the company began production and sales, as a pioneer in abrasion-resistant steels. JFE offers a diverse lineup of products in a wide range of sizes to suit almost any need. To help customers take best advantage of EVERHARDTM, we also formulated guidelines for how to work with it.
- Priority is on surface hardness, with minimal addition of alloying elements to the chemical composition.
- Available in 340 HB hardness grade with good formability, in very thick abrasion-resistant plate of thickness up to 160 mm
- Available in 500 HB hardness grade plate, optimized for abrasion resistance of simple-shaped parts
- Guaranteed toughness at temperatures as low as –40°C, ideal for applications in very cold environments or where strong impacts occur.
- Also equipped with high weld crack resistance by controlling the upper limit of equivalent carbon content (Ceq)
- Alloy composition is designed to ensure enhanced internal hardness
- Very high abrasion-resistance, superior to that of 500 HB hardness grade, without any loss of weldability or formability
- A JFE "Only1" product
|Type||Brand name||Thickness(mm)||Brinell surface hardness
|Charpy absorbed energy(J)
|High Toughness Series||EVERHARD-C400LE||5〜60||400±30||－40||≧27|
To help customers take best advantage of EVERHARDTM, we offer guidelines for how to work with it.